Monday, 20 May 2013

Personal review of the second year:



I would say universities are for people who want to better themselves in a certain subject or field and to study in depth around that in the hope to get a job in that industry or to show that they are able to put their efforts into something at a degree level and do well which looks good on their cv.

universities originated in the middle ages and by the 1400's they grew in popularity rapidly and are definitely miles different than they were back then.

what I expect from a university education is to be taught things at a level that wouldn't be taught at any lower level of education, at least in 3d anyway, 2d is pretty similar to a level art and graphics, both of which I studied however the mark scheme is a lot different for 2d than it was at A level I would say it was harder at A level as there was so much more specific criteria to meet. this is not to say the way it's marked on this course is bad to be honest its probably easier, it focuses a lot more on just the skills of drawing, ideas and presentation instead of all the other unnecessary assessment objectives of A levels.

what I hope to get out of university is skills I can use to get a job and obviously a degree to show I have studied something at degree level as that alone helps my employability, a lot of people get a degree in something then go on to do something completely different however this isn't what I see myself doing.

as university is a two way process meaning you get out what put in the blog is our reflective part and I'm guessing its meant to be a way to  keeping track of the your progress  but then to also highlight to yourself where have gone wrong and what you could to do to better yourself, then by repeating this process over and over you become better at what you are trying to achieve whether its drawing, 3d or both. I would say I don't use my blog nowhere near enough as I should or as much as expected. this is not because I don't reflect on my work as whenever you're working on something you always criticize it your head and decide what looks wrong and needs changing until you get a result your happy with. its more that I forget to document these things and it's probably best I start. as ii have now finished for the year I can start practising skills that I didn't time to during term. it is probably also best if I start thinking what I would like to do for my fmp and then practising things related to it, say I wanted to model vehicles then maybe make one, criticize it then go and make it again and keep going until it's at a point where I think it's as good as it could be.
as far as this year is concerned it has gone ok, it could have gone better but whats done is done so i can't really go back and chnage anything now. the group project was really enjoyable though and was good preparation for the fmp.

No comments:

Post a Comment